As long as this has turned into a what if and why thread, I have a question regarding prices of equipment. Back in the late 90's I bought a Sony ES receiver for about $350. It worked well, but was limited to Dolby Pro Logic. It was at that point I discovered Outlaw Audio and the Model 1050. At the time, the $600 price tag was a little tough to swallow, but I took a chance and how sweet it was (still is actually) when I got it all set up. Next came the LFM-1. Again, a little more than what I really wanted to spend, but I knew I'd be getting a great piece of equipment and Outlaw did not disappoint.

The caboose on my long winded train of thought is, will Outlaw offer any more mid-range priced equipment? I was really interested in the 1070 when it came out, but at a price of over $1000, I couldn't swing it. The thought of separates are intriguing and the amps seem to be a good value, but the Pre/Pro's started out around $1000 (if memory serves). I see I can get a 2 year old 970, but it still costs $700. (Not to mention the $1450 Onkyo)

I hope I'm not coming off as whiny (apologies if I am), but I just wonder if that price point is something that can still be hit by the Outlaws. I'm still a huge supporter of Outlaw products and have recommended them often. Most recently my boss built a home theater and I talked him into spending a little more than he planned and getting the LFM-1 EX and he has been blown away. However, he ended up spending $650 on an all-in-one receiver by someone else because Outlaw didn't have anything in that price range.

I understand that the business moves rapidly and is very competitive and if the answer is that Outlaw just can't compete at that price point, then my question is answered. It's just something that's been on my mind lately and I thought I'd ask. (Ulterior motive is that the 1050 is going to need to be replaced sometime wink )

Todd