Here is why I "blame" Outlaw, actually I don't blame them but I do hold them responsible for everything they sell .... go to the home page and read the "about" section. In that section you will find these quotes:

**We are designers and engineers. First we spec and design our products, and then we locate the best possible venue for their manufacture.

**Since the design and manufacture of the products that Outlaw sells is under our direct control, we are more familiar than anyone else with how these products work.

**Together, we have been involved in the design and manufacturing of over 150 different audio and video products.

**We all wanted to design and manufacture products without corporate interference, and deliver them directly to the consumer.

**Our high performance products are available to you exclusively on the Internet.

**While there are other Internet retailers that sell consumer electronics products, most of them are merely reselling the same merchandise that is commonly available through traditional sales channels.

It seems there is minimal design or specifying going on with some of these newest products. Offerings from Onkyo, Cue, Velodyne, Qsonix, Vudu, Grado, Atlantic Technology and Terra sure seem like products sold by typical online retailers and less like exclusive designing. The 970 and 1070, both of which seem to be highly designed by Outlaw, are now discontinued and should be moved down to the correct section.
I hope the 997 gets released soon and is a success but I would also like to see Outlaw return to it's roots and start offering truly innovative designs. Stop badge engineering someone else's design. Remember how unique the ICBM was? How about the analog bass management on the 950? Think more along those innovative lines and less about another version of the LFM.