Has Outlaw dropped the ball completely this time around?

I'm sorry guys but I've been a long time member here and very quietly reading the latest Outlaw news while enjoying my old 950/7100 combo but I feel I must speak up.

Why has Outlaw completely gave up on making there own products!

When I took a chance and bought the 950 it was because these new guys the "Outlaws" were doing something no one else had the balls to do.

Build a product that was so amazing in Price/Performance that all the big boys/old timers in the game were left scrambling trying to come up with something to compete.

It made you feel as though you were part of an audio revolution.

Outlaw innovated and others copied there design.

After that amazing success though things seemed to slip.

We were promised at the time of the 950 release that Outlaw was working on a "Truly High End Piece" of there own design.

Alas it never came to be.

Instead all of us waiting for that unit were handed a reworked SN receiver in Pre/Pro form the 990.

Now granted the 990 was a nice sounding piece of gear (SN makes nice gear) but it was in no way an Outlaw product.

The innovation was gone.

Now I'm seeing "Outlaw" speakers that are not "Outlaw" speakers. "Outlaw" subs that are made by Velodyne.

Countless other products that there just selling here without so much as the rebadge.

Now because of this trend to use others products and imitate rather than innovate we the loyal Outlaw fans, have no new Pre/Pro at all.

They will however sell us a stop gap Onkyo receiver and say its to help us out!

I'm sure padding there bottom line didn't hurt either.

This may sound like a Rant but please take this as a Plea instead.

Dear Outlaws,

Please go back to making your own products. Ones that set the bar for others to follow.

If we wanted to buy renamed mass produced audio gear we would shop at Best Buy.

Lasher