Ahhhhhaaaaarrrgggg!

Gonk
Nice to hear from you.
To all, I have been a outlaw fan for a long time;
I own the 950, 990, 2 ICBMs, and a 750.

Well, I could live without nice direct access buttons, but I really hate having to get my reading glasses and a flashlight, or just keep hitting buttons till the display does what I want. Really, big dedicated buttons are better.

HD radio is sickening that it's left out, but I could buy anouther component and use toslink, I suppose.
Please excuse the following sarcasm: "Who, by the way, want's regular FM, and not HD radio? Why not drop the FM section too?"
I'm sure because the s/n product has it this way, but come on, couldn't this have been thought of?

The Height channel is a difficult choice: integra has it, and I am thinking of changing out my maggie CC2 center to the new $2700 CCR, and press the CC2 into height service.

I have complete control of time and eq and xover slopes with 2 channel using the DEQX xover, that is also a preamp (I upgraded to the latest board set with balanced jenson transformers), so the effect that trinnov has on 2 channel won't be so much of a issue. In many cases, except for decoding bluray codexes off hdmi, I run sp/dif and aes/ebu digital right into the DEQX. BUT, the XLR analog will come from the 997, hopefully.

Come on Peter T, tell me you will write the code for 8/9.1, or if it can't be done. I don't want to be misled about this, please.