Thinking back on this subject, I am starting to wonder... The R-972 remains remarkably scarce, to the point that it doesn't actually appear to be shipping in any meaningful quantity. One person on AVS got his hands on one last week, but otherwise the silence really is pretty significant. Particularly for a product like the R-972, which has been a subject of significant interest for a couple of years now.

If the announcement last month was not accompanied by a true product launch, and if the 60 day time frame is based on more than merely "contractual" limitations (if the factory is still working on the R-972's launch and can't divert resources to the 997), that 60-day countdown may not have started yet. I'd think that Axiom would have the R-972 on their web site the moment they had inventory to sell, but they don't even mention it currently. Maybe we haven't seen the start of that particular clock?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I re-read the last few posts (particularly my own) after making a stop by AVS this morning, and I started feeling like the R-972 still wasn't quite there yet - which means that the 997, delayed both by the factory's need to shift gears and by Outlaw's need to be able to evaluate and perhaps adjust the final product to meet their needs, may still be too tough to pin down.