Wow this rhetoric is all too familiar... We went through this back in the days of the 950. Although there was a lot more date promises missed back then, if I remember right. I am going to put a different perspective than deadlines, being late or products killed.

I actually stumbled back onto this forum after digging through an old email account and finding a few OUTLAW emails. I personally don't have my theater gear anymore, sold off most of what I had. Now I am slowly getting back into the home theater thing. I've got a great 52" LCD TV and am trying to put finishing touches on my ever on going, pull my hair out HD-HTPC project. smile Now I am looking at the months ahead and where I want to be with my home theater.

Where am I going with this?? Here is my 2.5 cents.

Everything I do now has to have a value for my dollar and I am working on a tighter budget. Even more so now then way back in 2001/2002. I am a researchaholic. I am looking for quality, features at an amazing price. I am looking for that DEAL. The 997 may just be THAT deal.

So, lets be honest here. If your looking for bleeding edge top of line, feature packed pre pro, time to fork over 6k and be done with it and not worry if and when the 997 ever makes it to market. This forum doesn't need to be littered with "I can't wait any longer" posts. It's understandable that its frustrating, but you have to look at the times, economy and what outlaw is trying to do.

If you are looking for that deal. That great quality/price value you get with Outlaw. It may just be worth the wait. If you need HDMI switching and your looking for a deal right now, get the Onkyo deal that outlaw has. Onkyo makes some great stuff. I had a Integra 8.4 and was quite happy with it.

For me I'll wait a while longer, see what comes of this and see where they are headed. Worse comes to Worse I'll pick up an 886 or a Integra 9.9.

..:: Jeff ::..