Hello. Back again. I was just checking in with the progress, or "gossip" on the 997. I just read all of this page(2). Some of you all should maybe consider loosening up. I am itching to purchase the new prepro myself. Whether you have a 990, something else, or not. HDMI is the way to go, and has been for some time. Here is something for some of you to think about. I had made a post last December sometime inquiring about running wiring for my 990 in the house with a 12 foot wall. It wasn't easy, but it is done. With research, alot of thinking, and input from here, it got done. It took alot longer than I had figured....alot longer, but it is finished. With my line of work, every day is a challenge, and I like it. Sometimes we are handed something that should take a couple of hours to setup, and program, but takes up to 12 hours (one and a half working days) to complete a preprogramed configuration for a customer. It takes what it takes, but it has to be done. The end result is a product that is delivered as promised, or EXPECTED. Sometimes it takes longer than an anticipated amount of time, sometimes, not. Also, we always support the product in the field with updates, or solutions. Getting back to this post...I have Outlaw products for the same reason as my job. They offer superior products with quality, and value in mind, with excellent tech support. (This is my opinion)... If they are offering a product, such as Onkyo which is an alternative to keep customers, or keep them from running away.. so be it. You don't have to buy it, but they gave YOU an option before they released something in the long making. I am sure when the 997 is released, it will be worth the long wait. I can't wait, but I am going to. Have a nice day!
Oppo 981HD
Cambridge 640c II CD player

DIECTV HR21-700
Rega P2 w/tweaks
Klipsch RF82's, RF3's, RC62, RS3's