Quote:
Originally posted by butchgo:
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_sf:
[b] It's more than odd; to me, acting as an e-tailor for Onkyo gear looks like an act of desperation. Makes me wonder if Outlaw's having trouble meeting payroll. I'm sure the 997 was expected to be a big seller but it's been repeatedly pushed out. Most people are either holding onto their $$$ or have jumped ship. I'd hate to see them go out of business but it would not be too surprising in this environment. I think they're a decent bunch of people who bring exceptional value to the market.
I have wondered the same thing.
First Vudu and now the Onyko but still no 997!
I really feel that the 997 will be more that worth the wait so if they need to peddle someone else's product in the mean time then so be it.
They need new products to sell and the 997 is still a long way out it seems so maybe they are trying to come up with something to generate some revenue in the mean time. [/b]
I suspect they make very little reselling Onkyo gear. What it does is keep them in the home theater processor business during the time frame between their stock of 970/990 processors running out and the nebulous date that the 997 becomes available for sale. Given their pricing of the Onkyo gear (65% pricier than another e-tailer), they probably won't be moving too many, but at least they'll have product on the shelves. I doubt Outlaw is circling the financial drain, but I can't imagine that anyone's dancing a jig either.