Quote:
Originally posted by XenonMan:
I think a lot of potential buyers of the 997 are just tired of hearing about a machine which might not be out for Xmas. Has the 60 day clock even started yet? I agree that the economy has probably put a damper on peoples desire to follow a machine they may not be able to afford no matter how it is priced. Some will move on to the other platforms but some of us who do not need the machine right now are waiting, patiently. If the 997 did not have Trinnov and HDMI processing, I would have moved on. As it is, I have a spare 7500 sitting here in its box waiting for the 997 to show up. It would be nice to get some update as to whether the clock is running or if the 997 beta testing is progressing as expected. Onkyo is doing their best to ensure that they capture as much market share as possible.
LOL! You must have ESP, or insider information, with the release of the Onkyo information and all.

I am much in the same boat, buying a 7125 last year during the Thanksgiving sale. It is patiently waiting for my 950 to be replaced, and moved upstairs, by the 997 which will then run the 770 downstairs.

With all the delays, I would have bought the Integra 9.9 by now, if but for 2 reasons:
1. Too expensive ($2000), compared to the Outlaw. Although I did get prematurely excited when Sound & Vision ran a test report and said the MSRP was $999, LOL! It was obviously wrong and they ran a correction in the next issue. Their website had the correct price though.
2. Apparently nobody in WI carries it.

Thus I still await the 997, praying it does not have the problems the 970 had, and my 7125 is being used by an old HK AVR-20mkII for the center and surrounds for now, (sigh).