I have one concern that I haven't seen addressed: what is the financial hit that Outlaw is taking because of the 997 delayed release? With the "defections" I've read about (probably just the tip of the iceberg) I'm guessing there is some serious handwringing going on.

I think I've noticed a big increase in promotions and discounts this year, a bit unusual for a direct sales company who claims a smaller markup than companies using a multilevel marketing channel. I also found their partnering with other companies surprising, possibly also a last ditch effort to improve sales without making much of an investment.

In today's financial market, I suspect that two factors have come together to make life difficult for Outlaw: lower sales due to credit card issues for customers, and borrowing restraints for the company itself to make up for a possible lack of cash flow.

I have wondered about these things because I have a warranty issue with my 990 and haven't had the time to pull it and send it back. I don't doubt for a minute that OL is doing everything in its power to bring the 997 to reality. I hope their efforts are enough.