Thanks for the input, Gonk and Jeff!

It seems to me that Outlaw has a wiser way of handling release info and has more self-restraint in what to inform their customers on upcoming products. Other than their newsletter of declaring hopes that the 997 would be out 1st quarter of '09, that's been about it. (unless I've missed something.) Maybe I got caught up in the excitement of the progress of the 972; I'll admit blame, but this 997 sounds so promising, it's kinda hard to not get excited. I also miss the better sound that came from my old Pioneer Elite receiver. This Pioneer 1017 I'm currently with, I'd not call a slouch, but I do miss the better sound the 27TX had. Plus the newer sound formats with Blu-ray and this Trinnov sounds very promising... Control, Control must learn control! smile

I too would much rather have a product that's been worked through than buggy. I have been confused with people already owning the 972 but word that Sherwood is working out the bugs. Has Sherwood sold buggy units? Or are these in fact Beta testers and they can't acknowledge that? Are these beta testers little green men from a distant galaxy? Is my tinfoil hat on too tight? I had a Pioneer CD-R/RW deck that had just been released and it had really annoying issues, so I'm very much glad that Outlaw wants to sell a solid product.

Just like a lot of other people, some sort of release date would be nice, but in the meantime I just gotta remember to be patient. Oh, and breathe... that's it, breathe. laugh