I don't think that there have been ANY delays attributable to Outlaw - so far.

And if it turns out that they need more than 60 days after the 972 is released in order to get the 997 right, then so be it.

Come on guys. Do you really want them, or anyone for that matter, to sell you a hardware carcass with "working firmware to follow"?

You'll be buying this next unit to last four or five years. What's a few more months?

The ONLY reason that I jumped at the 886 was that the 997 was made in China. That's my own personal moral choice. I could have easily lived many more months with my Model 950 if I knew that I was going to eventually buy a 997. But since I knew it wasn't going to be a 997, I jumped to the 886.

I was one of the ones calling for Outlaw to tell us their plans for the new pre/pro. They told us. They've been clear. We can see what's happening over at Sherwood. And I'm concerned that Sherwood might be feeling so much pressure that they'll release something that's not quite ready for prime time. That will only make it harder on Outlaw. Then again Outlaw might benefit (in a somewhat perverse way) from seeing the tons of negative feedback that a poorly launched 972 will bring.