Lots of questions here and at AVS regarding release dates and when Outlaw is able to sell the 997 and very little responses. I get the idea that with all of the delays that have happened and with the villagers half-read to grab for torches and pitchforks at the announcement of any more delays, Outlaw would rather not commit to any sort of availability date.

I do remember a poster at AVS with the user name of StereoJeff made some comment about the 997 would be available my Memorial Day, though I'd be really surprised if the 997 was available, it gives me the impression that Outlaw will be able to sell the 997 by then and the 60 day wait window will be over by about this time next month. Also seems to coincide with the fact that there are people on AVS who say they have 972's in their possession from a little more than a month ago.

My humorous side has the idea that at this point Outlaw just might wait to announce preorders when they have 997's in their offices ready to sell. Or in a nearby warehouse. However it works. When they have them on hand, anyway.

I can't say I'd really blame them, to be honest. laugh