The only 7.1 switch I know of is the Zektor that we've talked about previously. The MAS7.1 is "only" $600, which is either the same price as the BDP-83 or $100 more (the EAP price for the BDP-83 came in at $499 and there's no word on whether that will hold for the official launch). The last time I suggested someone try a component video switch like this one as a 5.1 switch they found that the output levels from the component pathway (which would provide three of the six audio channels) didn't match the levels from the stereo analog and coaxial digital pathways (which provide the other three channels), at which point you would need to use two of those switches (each offering three channels via the left, right, and coaxial connections) to achieve effective 5.1 switching. To do 7.1, you need to either run rear surrounds from the Blu-ray player straight to the 990 (skipping the switching) or add a third switch box. After that debacle, I don't know of a third alternative that I trust.

There's also nfaguy's patchbay route, but it's not the best fit for everyone.

I guess you can see why I tend to recommend folks hold out for the BDP-83 when they want SACD, DVD-A, and Blu-ray with a non-HDMI processor...