Quote:
Originally posted by getech:
Wow, I came back to this forum after being gone for the last several months and STILL no 997?? What are you kids waiting for. I sprang for a B & K Reference 70 which totally floored me. Sound leaves me speechless. It has its glitches yes but for those that can afford this mother...go for it. It's like taking 5-6 blankets wrapped tightly around your speakers with this compared to anything else on the market and of course including the Outlaw product to date. The Integra 9.9 is laughable. Please do yourselves a favor and test drive the b & K....what a difference. All the rest are toys.
I always find it odd that someone comes to a manufactures site's user forum and pushes a competitors product. Personally I think it's in poor taste. I can totally understand doing this at place like sound on sound or avsforum. Now if someone specifically asks for an alternative, okay... maybe.

As Gonk said, the 997 is at a different price point and some of us are loyal customers and are willing to wait. For me, there's no rush and I've owned B&K (507), it has a different sound, that's not for me. I'm happy with my current setup with the 990 and will buy the 997 a few months after it arrives. In the meantime I patiently wait for the 997.

July would be great. My birthday is in September and I know exactly what I will give myself. :p