Quote:
Originally posted by theendofday:
Curegeorg

.... edited for space

I did not realize that that statement was directed to you. I do however know why you responded, and it is the same reason as I stated above. Making a recommendation to hook additional speakers up to the same speaker terminals where you have other speakers already attached is foolish. (everyone else seemed to agree with their posts) It is dangerous for their gear. You can short out everything by trying to cram too much wire in the terminal and having a couple threads contact elsewhere. Granted you could be using spades or something, but that doesnt mean that the amp still wont be overdrawn and fail. THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE YOUR APPROACH, but to recommend others to do that is irresponsible.

ill stick by my statement that few people have passive subs in their systems as well. like i also said, there is always an exception to the norm, and to always point that out is annoying, however i guess that is the purpose of forums to explore every angle and im sure ive done so myself.

by you telling me , theendoftheday, that you have been to such and such, had such and such, etc. means nothing. your posts reveal your interest/knowledge in audio (15 on this forum), as do mine (399 on this forum), and we should let them speak for themselves. feel free to read all of my postings, you may just learn something. my comments about your ideas was intended to be a warning for others. goodday to you.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited May 26, 2004).]