vangor:

M&K certainly received criticism their speakers were bright. As you can tell from my signature I'm one of the folks that likes their sound but my opinion comes with a caveat. I originally was using a Pioneer Elite receiver and when I went to the 990/ATI 2005 (virtual clone of the Outlaw 7500) I was very pleasantly surprised at how much better my M&Ks sounded. They lost that hollow sound you describe. I went by old advice to spend my money on speakers and sources because the electronics in the middle played a lesser role in the overall sound. But in my case the separates provided significant improvement. So the caveat is M&Ks need some power to sound their best. You may want to consider how a 990/7500 or 990/7125 sounds with your M&Ks.

But back to speakers...Are there better speakers than M&K? You bet! Are the Outlaw speakers in that category? Quite possibly and Outlaw's 30 day return policy allows you to find out in your home and make direct comparisons to the S-150s. I'd be particularly interested in your opinion between the LCR and S-150. Regardless, if you sell the S-150s you will be able to offset most of the cost of the LCRs based upon what S-150s are selling for on ebay and Audiogon.