It has been a year since I posted my experience in this thread of going from large fronts and assorted surrounds to the Outlaw LCRs, BLS and LFM-1EX. It seemed like a logical time to provide an update and conduct a test. I had a rare day to myself and the day before had been chores of plenty around the house.

Since powering up the Outlaw speakers I have never looked back. I should first correct that my ESS speakers are the bigger brothers to the AMT-1B and the label on the back shows Fortura Soveriegns with frequency rating of 27 Hz to 25,000 Hz. I have held onto the ESS speakers and I'm just now getting ready to sell them before we move. I know I have been hesitant to try the ESS speakers again for fear that I may miss the old much larger size arrangement. I couldn't sell them without trying them out again.

I spent the morning calibrating and noting the different speaker settings for a good fair match up. I then started the duel with a variety of music styles. From the first song comparison a big smile came over me as the Outlaw LCRs honestly surprised me. The LCRs hands down were much brighter but at the same time showed more warmth (almost sounds contradictory). I put this comparison off for so long expecting a much different outcome. What a pleasant surprise. "Really honey, I'm finally selling the old big speakers." At least now I can do it without shedding any tears.
Marantz AV7702mkII, Outlaw 7220, ,7ea-Outlaw LCR (2ea.- L/2ea.- R/C/SR/SL),Outlaw 7125 for 4ea-Outlaw LCRv2 (Atmos ceiling),Outlaw Ultra-X12 & LFM-1EX Subwoofers,BR/DVD Oppo BDP-103,BDP-83SE, Samsung 65" OLCD, Sofabato remote - Whole house audio via two (2ea) 7125s.