Got my LCR in black on Thursday. Hooked it up in about 5 minutes (double boxed, perfect condition when delivered by Fedex ground). I recalibrated the speaker delays using the 990's autosetup (which I have needed to do for a while after I moved the sub). It's replacing a substantially inferior cheap center and I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of voices. We like listening to BBC America and a previous slight muddiness for vocals disappeared entirely. Even exaggerated Northern English accents were entirely comprehensible. There is a definite improvement in the crispness (there's probably a technical term for it) of the center channel in 5-channel DVD-based music (I use the Animusic (http://www.animusic.com/#) DVDs as my test discs as they provide very distinct channel images). In one DVD Audio classical disk (a Beethoven symphony) I didn't hear any problems with different timbres in the fronts and the new center. I haven't yet watched a good DVD movie with a full range of moving sound effects and vocals (to check transitions across the center), but I expect to notice the improvement there too (expectations often colors the reality, but such is life).

Overall all, I'm entirely satisfied. Nice job, Outlaws.
Outlaw LCR center
Oppo OPDV971H DVD
LiteOn 5005 DVD recorder
SA 8300HD/DVR STB
Dual 1219 phono
Ion Tape2PC USB
Harmony 620
Samsung HLR5078W