I just finished mounting my Def Tech BPX's and WOW... they are great. The BPX's are bi-polar too but positiong them properly is key. If you place them on side walls they need to be between 3-6 feet high and should be lined up with the listening position. The BPX's seem to match perfectly with my BP2006TL's and CLR2300. I oroginally wanted to move my 2006's to the rear and get larger fronts but my room dynamics make it diffucult to place towers in the rear plus I have a 2 year old walking around. They also have the nice high gloss finish like to 2006's and the CLR2300. If you go below the BPX model you don't get the gloss finish. I also highly recommend the CLR2300 Center...which also has a built in 8" sub with a 125W amp. Makes a huge difference with movies!

If your center is too loud them you need to get into the 950 speaker calibration menu and turn down the center volume a few db's. I assume you are using a SPL Meter to measure speaker output with the 950 volume set to 0db right ? You should be able to set all speakers to the same db level using the Speaker calibration menu options on the 950.