Hey gonk,

What led you to try the Outlaws with so many other choices of speakers in that price range? You must have put a lot of thought and effort into choosing those speakers, I'd be interested in hearing how you narrowed down the field.

I'm curious as I'm currently doing the same sort of search to replace my aging Kenwood LCRs.

Eventually I'll need to start listening to some speakers, and at the top of my list are the Triad Inroom Silver LCR, Klipsch KL-650-THX, Monitor Audio GSLCR for stuff I can buy locally and Ascend CMT-340SE and Outlaw LCR (although I've also looked at the AV123 x-cs, possibly with the Ninja mods) for stuff I can get through ID.

One thing that helped me keep the list short is lack of local shops that carry a lot of the brands. Plus I'm primarily interested in MTM type designs or other designs that have the same/similar effect.

Other than the Triads I'm not interested in buying speakers that I can't try for 30 days. I would have crossed the Triads off the list for this reason as well, but they are locally made and have demo rooms. For this reason RBH and Atlantic Technologies were crossed off as was Snell.

I'm not the type of guy who can spend $3000 on 3 speakers without hearing them and with no return guarantee.

Anyhow...to make a long post short. I just wanted to hear your thoughts on the process you went through to purchase the Outlaws and if you are going to try any other speakers as an in home comparison.