Don't be too disappointed if Outlaw is not chasing a 'genuine' movie theater 'sound.' I find that the majority of movie theater sound is actually, as a total system, quite disappointing – rather dreadful for ‘close your eyes and listen to the details of those musical instruments.’ There are exceptions of course. I find that a home system that is exceptional with music in a surround mode, such as 5.1 SACD, will, for the most part, also be exceptional for acoustic reproduction, on a reduced scale, that meets or exceeds many wonderful movie theaters at 5.1 or better soundtrack playback. (Assuming that environmental concerns are properly addressed.)

Yes, there are fine speakers that are at least partially horn-based. I think the Outlaw designers know this and probably considered one or more horn drivers. I also trust that Outlaw made some rather wise choices in regard to their loudspeaker design. If a horn-based driver would have been truly better in their bookshelf system, I don’t think Outlaw would have shied away from the concept.