Quote:

actual post removed from thread-Scott
I understand the frustration of unresolved problems, Arthur - but my point was that the resources that remain focused on fixing the problem that you and others have been stuck with for a long time now are pretty specialized. Remember, please, that part of Outlaw's structure is to not operate their own factories - they contract with very large entities such as Eastech, Etronics, and ATI to use those companies' facilities and resources. It's become pretty common practice. In the case of the 970 and 1070, the partner is Eastech, and the burden of fixing the 1070/970 problems would have to be shared by Eastech. At both the Outlaw and Eastech ends, the work is going to be software-based to a huge degree - digging through raw data, debugging code, testing new code. These speakers, on the other hand, are being built somewhere else entirely and aren't going to be involving programmers. Outlaw isn't building them in the spare conference room, for that matter. Their announcement explains that these are US-made speakers (and the testing tolerances suggest a fairly sophisticated facility at that). Eastech isn't building these - even if they did make speakers, they don't make them in the US. Outlaw and their partnerships are big enough to run multiple projects in parallel - they have to be, if they want to make more than one or two things. My purpose in posting was to try to reassure you that this announcement did not mean that your problem had become any less of a priority. It was not my intent to be patronizing.