I don’t think that the 110v reading, in and of itself, is a worry. A practicing electrician among our ranks may be able to offer an official opinion, but in my understanding different areas and electric companies have varying standards as to the voltage delivered, ranging from 110v to 120v.

Caution: don’t risk yourself, others, or property if you are not confident you can do the following safely.

You might still be able to do an approximate check of the voltage drop, if any, at the outlet that serves you HT equipment. With the 755 gone and the other gear turned off, monitor the voltage at the outlet while turning on a hair dryer plugged in where the 755 had been. Do not use a heat setting that will draw more current than your power strip is rated for. Hopefully you have some information on the dryer, or other chosen high wattage device, as to how much power will be used at different settings.

Note any voltage change both at the moment you turn on the hair dryer and if there is any voltage ‘recovery,’ such that the voltage, if it dropped at the moment the dryer was turned on, came partially back up while the dryer continues to operate. If the voltage barely drops when the dryer is turned on, the voltage supply and/or wiring was likely never the problem. If the test shows the voltage at the outlet remains very near the original 110v, also repeat the test but while measuring the voltage available at the outlets of the power strip. If the level drops more at the power strip than at the wall outlet, then the power strip may be a contributing factor.

I hope I’ve been more of a help than a supplier of worry!

[This message has been edited by bestbang4thebuck (edited November 29, 2003).]