So, I have been the happy user of the 7700 for going on about 6-8 months now. At first, due to room lay-out, I was only running the front 3 channels. I am runnig Polk LSi9s and an LSiC up front. These speakers are notoriously hard to drive. But, the 7700 seemed to do it with ease.

After moving to a new house, I was finally able to set-up a full 7.1 system. All speakers are the Polk LSi series w/ a LFM-1 EX and a Polk PSW125 for subs. My source is a Oppo BDP-83 running to a 970. I also have upgraded cross-overs courtesy of the Skiing Ninja in the front 3, and I did my own in my rear surround LSi7s.

For Music, this set-up sounds awesome. For movies, it also sounds incredible 99% of the time. Every so often though, at normal movie watching levels (not reference, but also not night time when the wife is asleep levels) I notice break-up of the tweeter during high dynamic sections. Like an explosion or parts of someone yelling. I never noticed it when I was running 3.1.

Is this because of the low-efficiency speakers combined with running all 7 channels of the 7700? Is it the upgraded clarity of the speakers is showing me the problems in the actual recordings on the discs? So far, I think this has only happened on Dolby Digital recordings, and happens whether I use the Digital Coax or the 7.1 out of the Oppo...
Surround Sides: Slightly Modded Polk LSiFXs
Surround Rears: X-over+ Modded Polk LSi7s
Subs: Outlaw LFM-1 EX and Polk 505
Electronics
Sherwood R-972 (Waiting for the Outlaw (9XX)
Outlaw 7700 Amp
Oppo BDP-103
Signal Cable, Advanced Technology, and Outlaw Audio Cables
2 APC H-15s and an UberBUSS for good measure