Quote:
Similar to the B&Ws, as mentioned by Strindl, the NHT VT-2's have a strap connecting two separate sets of binding posts; one for the subwoofer (side facing lower) and one for the upper range (dual woofer/ tweeter). My intention is to use NHT's outboard active crossover unit (X2) and use my Classe amp for the subs and the Outlaw for the Uppers.

Strindl ... you indicated that you were pleased with the results of biamping (on the Magnepans), but could you elaborate on the sound differences / improvements that you noticed. ... Thx.
The advantage to getting the passive crossover out of the signal path and replacing it with an electronic crossover BEFORE the power amp input, is that each amplifier is only fed the frequencies that it will actually use for that speaker application. An amplifier channel that will be hooked only to the bass section will only get that bass signal as an input. The reverse is true for thw mid and tweeter sections.

In the sort of quasi bi amping I am doing with my B&W center channel speaker, I don't get that benefit since the crossover happens after the power amp. There is still a benefit doing it, but it's not as great.

What I noticed and enjoyed in the true bi amping I did with my magnepans was a noticable improvement in the music that the maggies produced. It just seemed more "live".

I'm not enough of a tech to be able to explain all of the reasons why this was true, all I know is that it was.
Emotiva XPA-1 (2), XPA-5
(2) Threshold S200's
Thiel 3.6 main speakers
(2)Velodyne F1500r subs
Polk RTI28 surrounds
B&W HTM center
OPPO BDP-83 universal player
Samsung HLT6187 led DLP