Gonk / og33,

Thanks for the responses.

Given the capabilities of the OPPO BDP-83, I think my approach will be to purchase the BDP-83 (when available) and direct connect it to the Amp for surround sound for all discs and then run my cable box (SA 8300HD - same as gonk) into a second HDMI connection on my Sony 50XBR LCD RPTV, and use the TV sound system (not great, but OK) until the Outlaw 997 becomes available.

A second question on amplification: I currently have NHT VT2's (towers with side firing 10" "sub-woofers") powered by a Classe CA-150 Amp, which I use for 2 channel audio only. I have been pleased with the NHT VT2's and plan to use them in the home theater set-up (I therefore purchased an NHT Classic 2C Centre, and four NHT Classic 2 speakers as side and rear surrounds at a good price before NHT goes Tango Uniform). My intent is to purchase an Outlaw 7700 to drive the top half of the VT2's, the Centre and the Surrounds, and use the Classe to biamp the "subwoofers" on the lower half of the VT2's (will probably need an outboard active crossover - more reading to do on this topic). A less expensive alternative might be to buy the 7500 and use the Classe for the rear surrounds.

My question is will I see a significant advantage with the VT2's biamped or is the 7500 scenario (noted above) a better solution (as background my listening room is 11.5 FT x 26.0 FT with screen and LCR to be set up on the short wall facing the 26.0 FT length of the room)? Look forward to your comments .... Thx.