Save your money, buy the 7500. Just kidding. But here is my amp evolution. I started with receivers but found I was lacking in something. I originally bought the 7075. This was a good improvement but there appeared to be some problems with driving Axiom M80 (despite the claimed high efficientcy). I then bought an ATI 1202 to drive the fronts. This solved the issues with the M80's. The power available, the cleaner it sounded, not necessarily louder, but cleaner and more detailed. Someone offered to buy my 7075 and Outlaw happened to be having a sale on the 7500 as well as free shipping (I live in Canada, so I recieved the credit and paid the difference). Well there was a remarkable improvement in sound quality, yes it could play louder for music with no strain. For movies, one of the first BD movies I watched was Doomsday. I had a friend watching with me and he decided that he had to buy the same amp. With the new amp I had to move my speakers back a little bit (18"). My only regret was that I just did n't take the plunge 2 years ago and had to go through this process. Fortunately, I was able to sell the 7075 for full price and shipping/taxes. Gonk has a good review of the 7500. Hope this helps.