Quote:
Originally posted by BloggingITGuy:
I know that the 7x00 series of Outlaw amps are very finicky as far as power coming from the wall goes. I'd say that these amps pretty much require a dedicated circuit with nothing else on it.

Problem for you is to get an amp that isn't as particular about the quality of AC fed to it AND has same or similar power rating can be quite a bit more expensive. I'm assuming that you got a good deal for the used 7500.
Yes, and it would almost certainly be more cost effective to have the dedicated circuit put in rather than sell the Outlaw and pick up a less finicky amp of equal or greater power.

Quote:
I'd suggest using balanced interconnects to go from the new Onkyo prepro to the 7500 once you get the prepro. That should take care of most if not all of the noise being fed into the speakers.

As for the humming of the transformers, if your domicile has noisy power to begin with, even a dedicated circuit won't totally get rid of the hum, even if the amp is behind a power conditioner, so you have to figure out how much hum you can live with.
Balanced interconnects are just waiting for the pre/pro. If that eliminates the buzz in the speakers, I can live with the hum in the amp itself. Thanks again for the info.