Got the new amp on Monday. I let it equalize temperature/humidity for half a day as it was sitting in Fed Ex truck in cold & wet Beaverton area for most of the day.

Was well packed just like the previous amp.

Unfortunately, just like the previous amp the transformers are humming noticeably. I do notice that it gets better or worse depending on what else in the HT is on, but it never goes away and is always loud enough to be heard from my sitting position.

This isn't one of those "have to put ear up to the amp to hear it" kind of hums.

I guess the big question is if it's worth having an electrician come out and run a couple of dedicated circuits for the home theater. I'd be pretty annoyed if this didn't resolve the humming issue entirely.

So I'm left with choosing the B&K 200.7 which doesn't make any noise, but perhaps isn't as rock solid of a design and puts out more heat or choosing the Outlaw 7700 that is a heavier design but has issues with humming transformers.

And perhaps I should get dedicated circuits run to the HT anyhow, but it's an expense that I didn't want to deal with right now.

Question still remains whether or not that would resolve the issue.

Any thoughts?