Hello folks. After trying a few other amps I came back to Outlaw and bought a new 7500 (used to own the 755). It still appears to be the best bang for the buck, but I'm having some issues and mine is going back.

I have the buzz that others have experienced. I also own a Acurus 200X3 and Odyssey Stratos and neither have issues in my system.

Dead silent until I turn the volume up one notch and then there is a constant buzz. I've worked through ground loop issues many times in the past and I really don't think this is the problem.

The buzz stays at the same level regardless of volume. My pre-amp has a ground lift switch so I tried it and it made no difference what so ever. Disconnected everything from the pre and fired it back up, still have the same issue.

I'm using the balanced connections. I haven't tried the RCA's and don't intend to. One of the primary reasons I bought this amp was becasue it's a fully balanced unit. BTW, my Odyssey also has balanced inputs.

To make matters worse, today I hooked up the 12V remote turn-on/off and it has issues as well. Turns on and off just fine, problem is that every time I switch inputs on my pre-amp it powers down the amp. Remove the 12V trigger, no problem.

Actually, the amp only powers down momentarily and then it comes back on.

Guys, I really think some of these units must have issues. This is a common thread here and I don't have this problem with the other two amps I own. Didn't have it with the Belles I sold a few months ago and didn't have it with my trusty Outlaw model-755. That unit was as solid as a rock, never a single issue.

Anyhow, I'm really bummed. Yes, they do have the 30 day return policy, but I'm still going to be out of my shipping cost (both ways) not to mention I bought five of their balanced cables which are not returnable either.

I have really been pro Outlaw for many years, but I think they have some issues to resolve with this amp.

I'll be calling them tomorrow to get my return authoriztion.

Back to the drawing board. Any recommendations for a good five channel amp?

Expensive trial for this one. frown