Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will for the moment be changing from the Onkyo's internal amps (100w) to the 7700 until Integra's new 9.8 comes out. Have you heard of this pre-pro yet? If it does everything that they list, it will be around this house for a long time. (Who the heck knows right?)

Nice job explaining all of my questions. Now it makes sense to me. I have been doing a lot of reading in forums recently, and as I said I never understood those who spoke of amps being able to drive their obviously high end speakers.

My JBL's really sounded good to me when I bought them with the my current receiver. I'm hoping that I will see even more of how well they can perform.

I swore that I was going to stay away from the Blue-Ray / HD format war until a clear winner emerged but I failed in the attempt yesterday. (Somehow I knew I would).

Panasonic came out with a new model that is just now hitting the stores. It has all the new sound formats and supports 7.1 which is what I have so I took that plunge.

I played Pirates of the Caribbean (#1) and it looked and sounded awesome. After I finish with the current upgrade I should have one sweat setup.

Now if I can figure out how I can afford one of Pioneer's next generation of plasmas that are due out this fall I may never leave the basement.

If the wife knew what I just spent this week and what I plan on spending next month on the Integra, I may never leave the dog house!

Not to worry, I have a 16 year old son to help me hoist the 7700 around. If I play him right, I bet I can get him to prove how much stronger he is than I am.

Thanks again........

Some days your the bug, somedays your the windsheild.