I just picked up a 7700 and have the dreaded hum. I am going crazy trying to figure out the source. I am getting dazed and confused unplugging everything trying to find the source.

Here is my AV Setup;

Denon 3803 (now acting as my pre-pro, Sony DVD Jukebox, Sony CD Jukebox, DirecTV HD Tivi HR 10-250, and a Bang & Olufson Turntable, all connected to a Monster Power 2600.

This is on a dedicated 20 amp circuit that is also connected to another outlet feeding a Sony 60 inch SXBR LCoS and a 250 watt Def Tech sub.

I tried unplugging the satellite cables and I still have the hum. I unplugged the phone form the Tivo, still get the hum. I unplugged the TV and sub and still get the hum.

When I swith the Denon from the Tivo to the DVD player, the hum goes away as the Denon switches input sources, but then reappears after about a second. If I turn the volume all the way down to nothing, the hum goes away. But if Iturn it back up just one click on the volume knob, the hum reappears.

Today, I unplugged one of the RCA cables going from the Denon preout to the input on the amp. I disconnected it at the amp. The hum did go away from that individual speaker. So I tried disconnecting another RCA cable going into the "input" on the 7700, and the hum went away from that individual speaker.

If I dont solve this soon, I will go nuts! Does the Ebtech HumX really work, and will I lose any hi current draw capability if I buy one?

BTW Running another circuit is just about impossible. I know how to run circuits, but this would require a pro and I ma not spending $500 for another line.

PS; I am using Monoprice RCA cables. Here is a link to them; http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...format=2&style=

Or would these be better? http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...format=2&style=
Panasonic TC-P65S1 65" Plasma HDTV, Marantz AV 8801 Preamp, Outlaw 7700 Amp, Klipsch RF7 (X-over dean G modded) RC7 (X-over Dean G modded) RS7 CDT-5800C speakers, Outlaw LFM1 EX Subwoofer, Oppo BDP-93, B & O Turntable, Toshiba HD-A2, Sony CD & DVD 400 disc jukeboxes, DirecTV HD-DVR, PS2, PS3, Wii, Harmony one remote, Monster PowerBar 1200 for the TV, sub, PS3, HD DVD and Wii, Tripp Lite Isolation Bar for the Amp, Pre-Amp and other sources.