The Digital Stereo Mode does, however, allow BM for the two main channels.

Some of the CD’s seemed to come across bass light, and the Dig Stereo, would occasionaly help those. More often (recording dependent) the digital input was detrimental to the base which would seem better integrated and fuller in bypass?! Learning I LACK, need to deal with my Sub, (which I’m not too fond of). I find it boomy and muddy. If I’m learning properly, - I believe its dampening stinks, it just does not appear to be able to handle fast transients. Disagreeable hanging around in the air like a bad headache on occasion..

Good reason to look into Outlaw’s new sub. Originally I had intended (when I found time) to try and find a REL, to demo, from certain reviews I had read, - thought that brand might be a consideration to blend with the Beethoven’s. I’d love to study up and implement SH’s stereo SW’s. But space is THE problem.
I never released how TERRIBLE some CD’s were till setting up the 950 and the Vienna’s. Thank you for the info on the 91. I promise to try experimenting with upsampling. Hopefully that will help add some air to the some of the less than ideally mastered (but sometimes favorite) CD’s I spin.

I don’t know your tastes in recordings. But shortly after purchasing the new mains, I picked up George Winston’s CD “Night Divides the Day”.

Wow! That frequency range (actually more the voice of a grand) on that particular recording is something to hear on the VA’s. (bypass for this one). I recommend the CD but will mention it DOES crack me up on a few of the tracks, (all tracks are songs by “The Doors”). On a few of these (sorry they were just NEVER composed for piano solo.) I cannot help but picture one of varying Saturday Night Skits about cheap cheesy piano bars. (“Light my Fire’ always has me snickering).

But a few tracks, are worth the purchase, - particularly “Crystal Ship” “Summer almost Gone” and “My Wild Love” are really really magical to hear on this system. I believe it’s the “My Wild L?” track where he hand plucks the strings in the body of the Grand during large portions of this composition. The resonance and pitch and reverberation of the bass notes during this, will mezmorize you! Occasionally he plucks one of the largest diameter wire, (you know how long these bass notes reverberate before it decays to inaudiblity). And the mic stays with the single note till it does. Very NICE!.

If my “bass” would just sound like that ….all the time…sigh.

ASoonas possible. I’m going to be playing with settings again, due to your reminder! Thanks for the help and settings to check and consider!