Thanks for the responses everyone! I love this forum...been reading plenty of helpful tips in here. laugh

I was watching U571 tonight just dreaming about what this movie will sound like with 200 watts per channel and clean processing to drive it home!!

The consensus is to go with the Outlaw gear and see how it sounds. It makes sense to me....I can always upgrade the speakers later when I have some extra cash. Plus I will have plenty of power to handle anything I buy down the road. Just so you know, I was leaning that way before I posted...you guys just solidified my decision.

Now, one more question....do any of you connect using the XLR balanced cables? I heard someone here solved a hum problem by using them. It is my understanding that using this method of connection would yield the least amount of signal loss. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ as long as it is going to benefit me in some way...even if that benefit is peace of mind knowing I have this rig connected the best way possible.

Please chime in....thanks again, you guys rock!

Ohhh...ok two more questions.. If I purchase in the next few months, will the 990 already have the software update?

-Yoda-

Polk RTI 8
Polk RTI 6
Polk RTI 4
Polk CSI 5
Mirage Omni 12 Sub