Hi Outlaws,

I have come to a crossroads with my current HT/Music setup and am itching to upgrade. My budget will allow me to spend about $3K for any upgrades I choose to pursue.

My current system is this:
All Polk speakers (except sub)
2 Rti8 fronts
1 CSi5 center
2 Rti6 surround
2 Rti4 surround rear
1 Mirage Omni12 Sub
All powered and controlled with an HK AVR 435.

It sounds pretty good but I'm missing some clarity and impact. I feel there is some dynamics I'm not tapping into. I'm looking for some... WOW that sounds great reactions....

My room is roughly 3700 cubic feet in a finished basement with carpeting and furnishings. I like to listen to music and movies at moderate to loud levels (moderate when the fiancee is around :-)

Here are my current thoughts.....

1. Get the 990/7700 combo and see how it makes my current Polk speakers sound. Maybe after they get some good juice and clean processing they will sound more to my liking.

2. Upgrade the speakers to the Axiom Epic 80 (minus the EP600 since I already have a capable sub and the price pushes me over the budget)I would be forced to keep the HK doing all the work but a customer service rep at Axiom told me the HK would be sufficient to drive the load.

3. Get the 7125 for extra oomph on all the polks and round out the bottom with an Axiom EP600 or comprable sub.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experience with this would be hugely appreciated. Thanks! laugh

Polk RTI 8
Polk RTI 6
Polk RTI 4
Polk CSI 5
Mirage Omni 12 Sub