I just saw the monster amp on costco's website and noticed the price drop. The thing about buying one of these at costco is that it is like having a lifetime warrenty since they will take it back any time if there is a problem or if your just unhappy with it. The bad part is that Monster won't service this amp since costco is not an authorized dealer so you will have to settle for you money back. As I stated in another post I prefered the Monster to the 7500 so this costco development has me thinking about picking one up. Monster does have a very high mark up so I would guess that this amp is just discontinued and they are being closed out thus the greatly reduced price. It would not surprise me if monster was getting out of the amp market since there seemed to be much buzz about these units till they started popping up so cheap. They do have a processer that was supposed to be coming out The DIR2000 that is supposed to feature Dolby Plus and DTS HD as well as HDMI switching and a built in wireless music bridge. This baby is slated to run a very "Monsterous" price of $6'995.