First off. I know and understand that the 2.4GHz wireless spectrum is unlicensed and any/all interferance to that said spectrum is completely legal. I'm not upset about that in anyway, I'm just trying to fix my sanity.

In talking with my Dad and him quizzing me about the 'i didn't change anything on the computer' he reminded me of my recent upgrade to the 7700 from the 7125. So far that is one of the few things I've done that we can locate that was 'changed' in the last month.

Basically my wireless network has gone to crap for performance and connectivity. The wireless gateway is right below the bonus room where I put the theater stuff in, there is a repeater in the theater room that I can no longer 'see' on the network even when standing next to it with a laptop.

For lack of a better description there appears to be a 'black hole' in my house now that wasn't there. The 7700s arrival/installation appears to be close to then. Is there a big magnet, or EM field generated by that much power ? I mean the thing weighs a ton so it wouldn't surprise me. I can run wires around the area to combat it but before I go to the effort I just want to figure out what is causing this.