I moved up from a Pioneer Elite receiver to the 990/ATI 2005 and never looked back. I tried the 990 with 5 2200s and was equally impressed with the improvement over the Pioneer. Many here have commented on the two channel capability of the 990 and I must say the 990/2005 revived my interest in music again. I now listen to music (Dave Matthews to Yo Yo Ma) far more often than TV or movies.

To that end I'm thinking of putting together a two channel system. My M&K's are great for movies (and they work size-wise in my family room) but I think I can do better for music. I like the idea of satellite speakers with a subwoofer and so I'll be auditioning a pair of Selah Audio Tanzanites (www.selahaudio.com) in August. They are sold as a kit and I'm a decent woodworker so I could make the cabinets to match the decor. Maybe I should listen to the LSi15s! Outlaw's RR2150 has some great features (in particular bass management like the 990) that is available in just a few expensive stereo preamps so it is on my short list if I put together a stereo rig.

I wish I had your hearing! Age, loud concerts, genetics, woodworking machines and large bore rifles have taken their toll on my hearing. I'm now very careful when I'm around loud noises to protect my hearing.