well, if you want to really ponder on the oddest thing about sound, it is this (and it is the single oddest thing that makes electro-statics seem even wierder):

at its essence all sound is is compression and rarifraction (sp). That is to say, a 16hz wave "transmits" "propogates" and "travels" by compressing air and creating a vaccum somewhere next to it and then relieving that vaccum according to the wave recipie. Thunder is an extreme example of this. The lighting heats up the surrounding air and that (thermal dynamically) causes a nearby vaccum. When the air immediately cools down, it sends it's "signal" across the sky. Loudly!

For what it is worth, many can hear above 20Khz and I am one of them. I can also hear below 20hz. I don't know why. I am concerned a little about the G class amp part of the 2200's. But I listen to them and they sound fine. Sonically, I am not that advanced yet in terms of comparing them to other high end stuff. I can only afford mid-fi. But as outlaw and SVS subs have shown, you can get near hi-fi for mid-fi prices. This is an amazing phenomenon for folks like us who love music.

In case you wondered what "rock" I listen to it is anything from the Doors, to Rush to the Dead Kennedys.
Oppo OPPO DV-981
Polk LSi15 Fronts
Polk LSiC Center
Polk LSi9 Surrounds
SVS PC-Plus 20-39 (newest addition down to 16hz) Subwoofer
Sony KDF-50WE655 50" LCD