AvFan,

Thank you for your quick response. I am in line with all that you said. It's interesting because the violin is a really good example of everything we are discussing here. Often with stringed instruments (usually the more complex wave recepies on an ossiloscope) you hear the phrase "try to ring." It is not without out its physics counter part. Imagine a violin plays the open G string. Then at the same time they play the open D string. The perfect 5th. Now imagine all of the overtones kicking off from there. To an osscilospce (I stopped trying to spell it right long ago) the wave recepie will look crazy. In truth, RINGING is getting the upper partials to jive better which is directly affected by how well "in tune" the fundamental notes are. And interestingly enough, just because A (440 hz) is playing, who's to say on a piano (for example) it is not "exciting" the A at 220 or 110. In fact, it is!! Certain piano tuners out there are legendary because they tune (whether they know it or not) to the partials. That is the RING! I am a bit of an elitist when I mention the violin, but to be sure, of the string instruments, it is acoustically the most perfect. I mean, for the string bass to be able to play at the same db as a violin, it would have to be nearly 5 times its size! Ofcourse, nothing is as perfect as the human voice. It can produce a perfect sin wave and in seconds a complex one just by adjusting the mouth.

I just got through listening to the Rach piano concerto #3 with Horowitz playing in the 1970's. It is an older recording than the one I was complaining about earlier: Stravinsky Rite of Spring played by chicago Symphony with Seiji Ozawa and the Firebird suite played by Boston Symphony with Erich Leinsdorf conducting. These are 1991 recordings. The Horowitz recording is MUCH MUCH better and both are ADD I believe. I use the Rach/Horowitz for the audition of every piece I buy. And today, I was listening at reference levels.

btw, I bought a 120mm brushless fan to put on top of the two stacked 2200's. It is really very quiet. Thoughts? I thought if I had 5, they could all be stacked with a flow of air going down through all of them. If I go the 7500 route, I spend nearly $500 more than if I get 3 more 2200's.
Oppo OPPO DV-981
Polk LSi15 Fronts
Polk LSiC Center
Polk LSi9 Surrounds
SVS PC-Plus 20-39 (newest addition down to 16hz) Subwoofer
Sony KDF-50WE655 50" LCD