Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Parr:
..... For example, the existence of ANY nonlinearity in the system would result in the production of intermodulation tones that would fall well within the 20 kHz audio band and certainly would make it sound awful. ....
Looks measurable to me. I'm looking for proof that unmeasurable levels of audible range distortion (created by ultrasonic range issues) are detectable by the ear as indicated by this statement:

Quote:
Also, while many people don't believe anything that is different about about 20Khz makes a difference, there is plenty of evidence that a component, or design, that has issues in the ultrasonics can manifest issues within the audible domain, even though they are extremely difficult, or in some cases impossible, to measure in the audible range.
Still waiting for that evidence. Of course if a device produces artifacts in the audible range for any reason it will be, ah, potentially audible. What I'm looking for is evidence of distortion in the ultrasonics that produces audible distortion that's impossible to measure. Not likely IMO.