Well the electric co is there to provide you service and I would have no problem contacting them to check there line for a lose connection or line voltage that is not equal in to your apt complex from there pole or underground.

Now here is another thing you can do. Get an inexpensive digital voltage meter. Make sure its Digital. Then open your breaker panel (in your apt).
Now dont do this unless your are comfortable with electricty. If you remove the screws to expose the inside of your breaker panel you will see a grounding block with several bare wires and white wires connected to it. Put the black test or common lead on that grounding block. Then you will see to large wires feeding the panel may be a red and black one. Take the other lead (postive one) from your digital meter and touch one of the of the two feeds to the panel and record that # then check the other input and record that#. Mine runs 128.4 on one and 128.0 on the other. Now if you see a fluctuation up or down of several volts or a # like 113 on one side and 143 on the other then you better complain to the electrical co and the landlord. I may be best to chack this on a windy day when wires are blowing in the wind on the electrical co's grid

But if it was me I would contact the elec co 1st and have then insure the line into the building is clean 1st.
papaBear