I plan on doing more extensive testing next week when my wife and kids are gone (I will joining them Wednesday). She is not a big fan a loud test tones!

I am still trying to troubleshoot the LFE issue. I was wrong in my initial setup. +10db for the sub channel using coax on the AIX Test disc was WAY TOO hot.. it needs to be level. But I have the issue where the LFE analog out is 15-20db too soft. That cannot be overcome with the gain settings on the Oppo. I *think* I have fixed the issue. Long ago, I had the Oppo set to do Bass Management. Back then I set the rear surrounds to small then set downmix to 5.1 (I only have a 5.1 setup) I believe the Oppo kept that setting and was doing BM on the non-existent rear channels.
I reset factory defaults, set all speakers to large, did NOT turn off the rear surround, just set downmix to 5.1. It seems to have fixed the problem (now LFE is only -10db), but I have been unable to measure with an SPL since wife is around smile .

As for SACD: using DSD direct to the DAC, I let an SACD "burn in" the DSD DAC. It seems to have done the trick, the harshness and brightness I complained about before is gone. But again, have not had time for extensive testing.

Will post more on Wednesday!