Just as I expected. It sounds great. I am very happy with it. It will be a music only system. Only have one NAD C272 right now. The other one gets in early next week. Even with one running two of the JBL's it beats the pioneer 918 that was there and it had all four hooked up. The pioneer sounded very good too but this combination is definately cleaner and less distortion. Distortion is actually almost non existant. I can't wait to install the second NAD C272 off of the surround channel. I was listening to John lee Hooker, Papa Mali, RL Burnside, Zydeco Dots and Jim Suhler mix and it never sounded better.
My set up is a Yamaha DV-C6860 DVD 5 disc player. I am using the digital out. (Setting up the source was very easy.)The cabinet I am using is a commercial merchant rollaround, has giant castors and a glass section on top. A old CRT TV and VCR sit on top. TV is for navigating the mp3 menu and slideshows if I put jpg's on the CD with the mp3's. I will post a pic if possible.
I did not do any calibration with a SPL meter. I will be all over the shop, so I just positioned the speakers until I achieved the best sound in a 10'x10 square in the center of the 30'x40'shop. The invisi-ball mount on the jbl's made this a breeze.

Beer Me,

RC

Outlaw 970 or 990
(2) NAD C-272 amps
Sony (ES) SACD Player
(4) JBL 29Av-1 Speakers
JBL ES250PWCH 12" Sub
Dell GX620.
Asus sound card Optical out.