Quote:
Originally posted by iadfilm:
I too am another disappointed 970 owner, I bought a 970/7075 combo in 2006. I did all the research and read all the reviews about the 970/7075 and came to the logical conclusion it has the best bang for your buck. Well its 2008, and I have to say boy was I wrong. The problems with this unit are staggering. I have experienced all the usual complaints with my unit as well. And misery loves company because all you have to do is read any number of posts in this forum to get the same sense of disappointment I have with the Outlaw 970. I will say that Outlaw does bend over backwards to help resolve any problems you have with their product, but in the end no matter how accommodating they are no resolution will make the unit perform any better than it does. My final stand (short of shelling out 300 more dollars for the 990) was to sell the 970/7075 on eBay, but after several listing and even sweetening the deal with AXIOM speakers (LCR+surrounds) nobody would buy it. So now I’m still an Outlaw, and I just take the quirks the 970 throws at me with a lesson learned. In the end, I hope that people read this and make the conclusion to NOT buy the 970 but spend the extra 300 and buy the 990. Then they can spend their Outlaw days as a happy consumer. Knowing they not only have the flagship unit but the best customer service any compnay can have.
Agreed 100%.

I bought the LFM 1-EX on sale, so I wouldn't have that I should have bought feeling, although, it appears that all the Outlaw subs are excellent products, just like their amps.

My first Outlaw purchase was the 7100 amp, which was the bottom of the line at the time, and I was totally blown away by the clean, powerful sound from that amp. I thought it would be the same with the 970, but, sad to say, it is not.

I contacted them suggesting that they give us 970 owners an at cost final run of the 990 when the new processor comes out, but didn't get anywhere with that. Of course, my biggest beef is the two-channel performance. I just purchased the wrong unit, that was my fault.