I have been researching both of these companies and quite frankly they both seem very solid. Lonnie at Emotiva and Steve at Outlaw are to me in a dead heat as far as the imformation and time that they give to you when you call them. I know Emotiva has a 5 year warranty on there products and don't know what Outlaws is. I have been comparing the 970-7125 to the LPA-1, MMC-1. Outlaws price with shipping is $1685.00, while Emotivas price is 1499.00 with free shipping. Both of the amplifies are very similar with a little more configurations with the LPA-1. But this is what is confusing to me and maybe someone might have an answer, The price for the Emotiva LPA-1 (package price) is $399.00 while the 7125 is (package price) is $949.00, a $550.00 difference. The price for the 970 (package price) is $649.00, while the price for the Emotiva MMC-1 (package price) is $1099.00 a difference of $450.00. It seems that Outlaw in this particuar situation puts more money into its amplifiers than its preamp/processors and Emotiva is just the opposite. Just thought I would put this out for discusion. Like I said I think both are top notch companies and I am trying to make a decision on which way to go. I was leaning to Outlaw but Emotiva has a 40% trade up discount on new equipment if you are an original owner of one of there preamp/processors. What is cool is you get to keep your original equipment. I am a patient man so I will see if Outlaw will have something similar in the near future as Outlaw is my first choice at this time.