Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
If my suspicion is correct (that the IR in/out is independent from the IR sensor), then the IR input is there to support a pass-through and potentially eliminate the need for a small connector block - an IR receiver could be connected to the 970's IR in and then an IR emitter or a simple cable could then be connected to an additional device.
Not possible. How could your last sentence hold true if plugging an emitter into the IR OUT port of the 970 does nothing? I can't speak on terms of a 'simple cable' to another device, because I have no device to test it with though. (that would assume a device could operate on the 'passive' signal that Steve claimed is coming out of the 970)

Keep in mind our concern here is the IR OUTPUT port. We already know that the INPUT PORT listens to powered, mono emitter capable signals just fine. (as both you an GarcianC have setup)

I'm half a step shy of taking my entire shelf apart just so I can shine a flashlight inside the 970 top vents and see what kind of connector that IR out is. (2 prong MONO or 3 prong STEREO)

From there, I'm inclined to hack the appropriate type of connector wire, use my multi-meter, and determine which pinouts drive what signal.

From there, I'll just feed IR signal,(1 wire) and ground (another wire) directly into a Xantech block and be done with this insanity.

(I already said to hell with waiting and ordered the block. But because I don't know if the Outlaw is directly pin out compatible with the Xantech, I had to go to a 4 out block that has a screw down terminal zone input. ARGH. $45! mad )

I'm NOT enjoying this part of the adventure if you couldn't tell.

E.