first time caller long time listner! I finally upgraded to the outlaw family. I just started hooking everything up and its unbelievable. 100% satisfaction. But my concern today is I'm in the middle of upgrading my dvd player.What a task this is. Man you have to be a rocket scientist to figure things out. Plus I broke the bank on the reciever no need to kill my budget over the dvd, or is it? laugh

I have read and read on the web about all dvd players. I think to the point that Im not sure if i evern want a new dvd player due to confusion and fustration. So my question to this forum is whats a good dvd player, and what makes one better then the other besides price?

I mean I found a website called Secret of home theater & High fidelity and they wrote a huge 6 part article about dvd and what makes one good and then test about 100 machines. The top DVD player according to them is

Oppo Digital - OPDV971H

Its only 199 bucks! is this true can you believe that a 200 dollar dvd player is as good as a 700 player ie Denon 2910 ( on a side note I saw one in best buy for 499 with an intstant 100 gift card rebate) I almost bought it but said wait a day or 2 and find out more.

In conclusion, what or more importantly who am I to believe and how can I prove they are right.

Just a thought,
Mike
Pre: Outlaw 970
Amp: Outlaw 7075
Speakers: Axiom M22,VP150,QS4
Sources: Sony DVP-NS70h,Yamaha CDC-555,Direct TV HR10-250,XBOX,PS2
TV: Sony KDF-E50A10