I have owned Def Tech 2000's tower speakers( with "stereo subs" ) for years ( you either love 'em or hate them...) and use a "y" splitter from front L/R outputs of my pre amp (soon to be a 950) going to the 2000's "full range low level inputs" and the other part of "y" going to amp running the mid/highs for the 2000's. This is how Mr. Pelkowski from Def Tech has recommended me to set up my speakers for "true" stereo subwoofers. I love what I hear, and although I am certainly not an expert at the scientific reasons for it all, it sounds pretty darn amazing....(right now using Yamaha CX-2 Pre Amp..really nice Pre Amp by the way, and am keeping just to use the Phono outputs.... and Fosgate Model 4 Processor....)
this thread has (as usual) been really informative.....you Outlaws are the best when it comes to helping each other out with suggestions, etc....
just had major spine surgery and it is holding me back from upgrading right now ( I want to, I want to, I want to...I NEED to!).....
anyway....
first need to sell my old equipment on EBay or Audiogon...and move on up to the 950/770 combo.... boy, I cannot wait!!!!! I think stereo subs are worth it if you can do it, and once again have learned alot from these kinds of posts....Love this part of Outlaws website, and just had to chime in.....
better late than never.....
It's the only website I look at every day.....amazing stuff and amazingly intelligent gunslingers out there.....love it!!
well, anyhow,
Stereo subs are a big plus in my opinion....